If you work under the Southeast Missouri (SEMO) Commercial and Industrial Contract you are required to obtain 8 hours of Safety Training and 8 hours of Technical Training each contract year; May 1 through April 30. Even if you work for an Interior Systems Contractor this requirement is mandatory since interior systems falls under this contract.
The first 8 hours of technical training is due by April 30, 2012 and is tied to your wage increase May 1, 2012. If you do not have the required 8 hours of technical training, not only will you not get the May 1, 2012 wage increase; actually you will be making less money per hour than the previous year. This is due to the fact that whatever fringe increases that go into effect May 1, 2012 will be deducted from your wages that you made last year.
- 5/1/11 – 4/30/12 Wage = $22.12
- 5/1/12 – 4/30/13 Increase = $1.10
- The following fringe increase for the 5/1/12 plan year is strictly an example for this illustration and should not be construed to reflect the actual fringe increase that will actually take place on 5/1/12.
- Possible fringe increase with 5/1/12 plan year = $.80
Member with the appropriate 8 hours of safety training and 8 hours of technical training on May 1, 2012.
- Beginning May 1, 2012 Wage Rate = $22.42
Member with the appropriate 8 hours of safety but does not have the 8 hours of technical training on May 1, 2012.
- Beginning May 1, 2012 Wage Rate = $21.32
Check what Safety and Technical Certifications are on file for YOU:
- Log-in to the Carpenters’ District Council website per the directions listed below:
- If you have not set-up a log-in go to the directions at the bottom of page 2 listed below that reads Not a Registered User?: